|“||Hado i philinn.||”|
The Arcane Archers is an advanced Ranged Tower that appears in Kingdom Rush: Origins. It is first made available on the stage Redwood Stand. This tower has the distinction of shooting two arrows at the same time who weaken the magic resistance of enemies.
Description[edit | edit source]
"Arcane Archers shoot magical arrows that weaken their target's magic resistance. "
In their enchanted tower, two magic archers shoot at the same time, being able to hit two enemies at the same time. Their magical knowledge allows them to weaken the magic resistance of their target until they have none left. (-3% per shot and 2 shots per volley). The Arcane Archers is the first advanced tower to be introduced in the game.
Burst Arrows further evidence their mastery of magic, shooting special arrows that explode in a icy blue magic burst, doing decent area damage and Slumber Arrows holding enemies still to let your towers put the hurt on them.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Burst Arrows[edit | edit source]
"Let's light 'em up!"
Shoots an explosive magical arrow that deals additional area magic damage (damage area: 115). (Cooldown: 12 seconds)
Slumber Arrows[edit | edit source]
Shoots an arrow that puts an enemy to sleep for 4 (4.4) seconds.
Range[edit | edit source]
- 25% wider than the Level 1 Hunter Arbor
- 12% wider than the Level 2 Watcher Arbor
- Same as the Level 3 Sentinel Arbor
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Arcane Archer specializes in Crowd Control, wreaking havoc in groups of weak enemies with Burst Arrows, which deals magic damage and catch leaks effectively with Slumber Arrows. Their most notable asset is the ability to shoot at up to two targets in range simultaneously, dealing damage while reducing the magic resistance of those enemies. Arcane Archers should be placed in front, near lines of Mages, so they can thin out the coming horde with their skills, leaving stronger foes for the Mages to kill. This also allows the Arcane Archers' ability to reduce magic resistance to synergize with Mages.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Light crowd control: The Arcane Archers can handle small numbers of enemies quite well thanks to the dual targeting system; however, they fall short to Druids when larger hordes are concerned.
- Multi-purpose: The Arcane Archers have something up their sleeves for any kind of situations, ranging from groups of weak foes to durable, lone ones, and can handle both armored and magic resistant enemies.
- Inexpensive: Arcane Archers do not cost much gold compared to their usefulness. Thus, they are good towers to build first in any stages.
Weakness[edit | edit source]
- Diluted damage: While the Arcane Archers' arrows can deal huge damage on a single target, their damage output is diluted when more than one foe is within range, limiting their capability of directly killing enemies. This weakness can be fatal, as it leaves the tower more vulnerable to being overrun.
Additional stats[edit | edit source]
- DPS (total of the two arrows): 27.5 to 45 (average 36.25)
- DPS (one arrow): 13.75 to 22.5 (average 18.125)
- Total cost: 570 G
- Cost efficienty: 15.7 G per point of DPS
Related Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Master Shooter (1 star)
- Increases Archer attack damage.
- Treesinged Bow (1 star)
- Increases Archer attack range (by 10%).
- Obsidian Heads (2 stars)
- Archers deal maximum damage against unarmored targets.
- Elven Training (2 stars)
- Improves all Archer special abilities.
- Bloodletting Shot (3 stars)
- Archer attacks have a 15% chance of causing heavy bleeding, plus an increase of 10% of the Archer attack damage. In iOS, the attack damage does not increase when Bloodletting Shot is upgraded while the bleeding is still in effect.
Tower Maximum Bloodletting Damage Hunter Arbor 23 (22 iOS) Watcher Arbor 23 (22 iOS) Sentinel Arbor 46 (44 iOS) Arcane Archers 46 (44 iOS) Golden Longbows Long-range shot: 161 (154 iOS)
Long-range shot combined with a "crit": 299 (286 iOS)
Short-range shot: 69 (66 iOS)
Short-range shot combined with a "crit": 115 (110 iOS)
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
- "Hado i philinn." Lord of the Rings movie quote "hurl the arrows"
- "Sweet dreams are made of this."
- "Natha daged dhaer." another Lord of the rings movie quote. "They are all going to die"
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
Arcane archers are very useful with the ability to weaken magic resistance and have the ability to do group damage with Burst Arrows, with stalling power in Slumber Arrows. They don't do as much damage as the Golden Longbow, instead they are more focused on utility and crowd control with decent damage and fire rate, shooting two arrows at one time. They don't have the extreme range of the Longbow either, but they make up for this in utility. This however does mean that if there is more than one enemy in their range they will have a hard time killing strong enemies, because they will not fire both arrows at the same target if more than one is in range. Thusly, they are liable to getting overrun on waves where there are hordes of high health enemies (the most they can do is use Burst Arrows which only do 264 damage, not enough to kill strong enemies that show up in hordes on later stages such as Twilight Scourgers), and while the golden longbow can also get overrun, it fares much better with it's range and increased attack speed to enemies close to it. Overall the Arcane Archers are useful in situations with heavy magic resisting enemies while doing mixed damage with their Burst Arrows and stalling enemies with Slumber Arrows, working better as a tower towards the entrances of a level so they can diminish enemy magic resistance and weaken enemies so that mages and other towers can finish off the weakened enemies.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Towers • Kingdom Rush|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Rangers Hideout • Musketeer Garrison • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Holy Order • Barbarian Mead Hall • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Arcane Wizard • Sorcerer Mage • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • Big Bertha • Tesla x104|
|Special||Sylvan Elf Hall • Sasquatch • Sunray Tower|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Crossbow Fort • Tribal Axethrowers • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Assassin's Guild • Knights Templar • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Archmage Tower • Necromancer Tower • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • DWAARP • Battle-Mecha T200|
|Special||Legion Archer • Mercenary Camp • SCUMM Bar • Pirate Cpt. • Spear Maiden • Dwarven Bastion • Dwarf Hall • Pirate Watchtower • Shrine of Regnos • Dark Forge|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Standard||Hunter Arbor • Watcher Arbor • Sentinel Arbor • Arcane Archers • Golden Longbows • Defender Barracks • Warden Barracks • Ranger Barracks • Bladesinger Hall • Forest Keepers • Mystic Dais • Arcanist Dais • Eldritch Dais • Wild Magus • High Elven Mage • Stone Circle • Boulder Circle • Menhir Circle • Arch-Druid Henge • Weirdwood|
|Special||Awok Hut • Gryphon Rider • Faery Dragon Aerie • Gnome Garden • Dragon Nest • Young Beresad • Renegade Post • Bastion|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Vengeance|
|Standard||Shadow Archers • Orc Warriors Den • Infernal Mage • Rocket Riders • Dark Knights • Melting Furnace • Specters Mausoleum • Goblirangs • Bone Flingers • Elite Harassers • Orc Shaman • Grim Cemetery • Rotten Forest • Blazing Gem • Deep Devil's Reef • Wicked Sisters • Swamp Thing • Goblin War Zeppelin|
|Special||Troll Mercenaries • Spider Nest • Caravan|