- This article is about the enemy in Kingdom Rush: Frontiers. For the Kingdom Rush: Vengeance tower that is manned by a Bluegale, see Deep Devil's Reef.
Bluegales are serpentine-humanoid blue Deep Devil wizards with a face of tentacles. They are the only enemy in the series that is completely immune to magical damage.
Commanders of the Deep Devils, they unleash storms to aid their brethren.
Bluegales have a solid ranged attack, and an ability to call storms, damage over time to soldiers, healing themselves and their allies, obscuring vision and preventing you from selecting, upgrading towers and moving rally points. They are also the only enemy in the series with complete magic immunity, forcing you to use Archers or Artillery, which are useless against the Bloodshells. Their sluggish speed compared to Greenfins and Deviltides allows them to be shielded from damage much like Saurian Savants, giving them free reign to nuke your soldiers and towers: Skeletons are hit particularly hard due to their high numbers and low health making them vulnerable to area attacks.
- High-level soldiers are very useful against Bluegales: Assassins are invisible until engaged in combat, nullifying the Bluegales' range advantage, while Templars are durable enough to reduce the Bluegales to a crawl, as they cannot be quickly killed by the storm and ranged attacks.
- Soldiers and heroes are dealt 15 damage per second in the storm, whereas Bluegales and their allies heal at 15 health per second in it.
- Bluegales can summon storm even when blocked. But there is an exception; Bluegales that spawn from the north and head to the main island in The Sunken Citadel will not summon storm when engaging in melee combat.
- Blugale's ranged damage is so average that most melee heroes and Templars can endure it for a considerable time.
- Bluegales attack slower in melee than in ranged, and deal physical damage in melee, and armor-ignoring damage in ranged.
- Bluegale is one of two ranged-capable enemies that deal more damage in melee than in range. The other is the Sand Wraith.
- The Bluegale's face and upper torso resemble a star-spawn of Cthulhu, an octopoid creature that first appears in H.P. Lovecraft's short story The Call of Cthulhu (1926).
|Kingdom Rush - Enemies|
|Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief|
|Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager|
|Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker|
|Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom|
|Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep|
|Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Kingdom Rush: Origins - Enemies|
|Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi|
|Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger|
|Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider|
|Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|