"Trained under monastic discipline, these crossbow furies are masters of their craft."
Shoots bolts in quick succession that deal 30-40 damage each. It can change to a new target within a limited angle. (Cooldown: 6 seconds)
Gains a chance to deal double damage and improves attack range of all towers (including itself) in its range.
This effect does not stack.
- 42% wider than the Level 1 Archer Tower
- 24% wider than the Level 2 Marksmen Tower
- 10% wider than the Level 3 Sharpshooter Tower, and Tribal Axethrowers
- The Crossbow Fort is one of the most versatile advanced towers, and is useful in almost every situation.
- Place it in key strategic points to allow its Falconer ability to buff as many towers as possible. On most stages you can buff up to 4 towers including the Crossbow Fort. The most towers you can possibly buff at once is 9 on Dusk Chateau.
- The Falconer bonus does not stack with multiple Crossbow Forts e.g. a tower within range of two Crossbow Forts, one with Falconer Level 2 and one with Falconer Level 3, will only receive a 20% bonus to range from the higher-ranked tower.
- Barrage is one of the most powerful abilities in the series due to its raw physical damage output. When upgraded to Level 3, it can output 300-400 damage with each use, and almost doubles the DPS of the Crossbow Fort.
- DPS: 30 to 46 (average 38)
- Total Cost: 570 G (540 G with Lumbermill)
- Cost Efficiency: 19 gold per point of DPS (18 with Lumbermill)
- The Focused Aim and Accuracy upgrades increase base damage to 18 to 28, and the Twin Shot upgrade increases DPS by 10%: 39.6 to 61.6 (average 50.6)
- Falconer Level 3 increases DPS by 15%: 45.54 to 70.84 (average 58.19)
- Barrage Level 3 increases the DPS to 83 to 118 (average 100.5) | 97.47 to 136.8 on Steam (average 117.13)*
- Total Cost with abilities fully upgraded: 1720 G (1690 G with Lumbermill)
- DPS with max abilities and upgrades (single target): 87.95 to 125.7 (average 106.83) | 102.09 to 143.99 on Steam (average 123.04)
*Note: Barrage changes the attack pattern of the Crossbow Fort. In a 6 second cycle the Crossbow Fort can fire 10 bolts and 1 barrage on Flash and Mobile. However, it will fire 7 bolts and 1 barrage in a 4.5 second cycle on Steam. This difference is not documented but was discovered through playtesting. Over this period the average DPS is 106.83 on Flash and Mobile ((23×1.1×1.15×10+10×35)/6) | 123.04 on Steam ((23×1.1×1.15×7+10×35)/4.5).
- Steady Hand (1 Star): Increases marksmen attack range (+10%).
- Focused Aim (2 Stars): Increases marksmen attack damage. (Crossbow Fort's damage increases to 16-25.)
- Accuracy (2 Stars): Increases marksmen attack range (+5% from Steady Hand) and damage. (Crossbow Fort's damage increases to 18-28.)
- Twin Shot (3 Stars): Marksmen have a 10% chance of shooting two projectiles at the same time.
- Time for target practice! (main)
- Be quick or be dead! (Barrage)
- Blackbird, fly! (Falconer)
- "Time for target practice!"
- A line spoken by a Sniper in Dota 2
- "Blackbird, fly!"
- A line from the song Blackbird by The Beatles.
- "Be quick or be dead"
- A song by heavy metal band Iron Maiden.