For the Queen!The Defender Barracks is the level 1 Melee Tower in Kingdom Rush: Origins. It replaces the Militia Barracks from the previous games. They regenerate 7 hit points per second when idle.
"Trains elven Defenders to block and fight incoming enemies."
The tower trains three elven soldiers or in this case defenders. Defenders are the most basic soldier, with low health, very few damage and little armor. They are able to hold and fight enemies. With a little support, their real role is unveiled.
Despite possessing armor, the Defenders are still highly vulnerable to damage and can die in seconds. Their lack of a ranged attack also makes them less versatile compared to other Barracks. It is advised to upgrade them to Warden Barracks or higher immediately after they are recruited.
- Enchanted Armor gives +10% armor for a total of 40%.
- In total with all upgrades, their EHP* is 83 points of physical damage per soldier (3 soldiers equals 249 EHP).
- The cost of the Defender Barracks is 100 Gold, 90 if upgraded.
- Gold spend per EHP (for all 3 soldiers) is 0.4 (0.36 if upgraded).
Note: Effective Hit Points = how much damage a unit needs to take before dying.
- Elven Fencing (1 star): Reduces basic barracks construction costs. (-10% for level 1-3 melee towers)
- Expert Tactician (1 star): Increases barracks rally point range.
- Enchanted Armor (2 stars): Barracks equip soldiers with improved armor. (+10%)
- Moon Forged Blades (2 stars): Soldier attacks deal additional magic damage.
- Blessing of Elynie (3 stars): Soldiers have a 10% chance of cheating death when dealt lethal damage. (Soldiers revive with full health when proced.)
- For the Queen!
- By the light of the moon!
- To the vanguard!
- The quote "By the light of the moon!" is also used by the Sylvan Elves in the original Kingdom Rush. This may mean that there's a direct connection between the elves of the Elven Continent and the sylvan elves.
- When upgraded to the Bladesinger Hall, the names of the elves carry over.
- Defenders actually deal more damage than Militia, with a damage of 1-4 as opposed to 1-3. Overall, defenders are actually stronger than militia but take 4 seconds longer to reload.
- Some of the names bear similarities to or are the same as some famous elves from popular culture: Alrond, Alwe, Finwen and Ingwen are named after Elrond, Elwë, Finwë and Ingwë from Tolkien's legendarium; Dobbie after Dobby from Harry Potter; Illidon after Illidan from Warcraft; Linken after Link from The Legend of Zelda; Eltharion after Eltharion from Warhammer; Elaith and Xan after the characters of the same name in Forgotten Realms; Dalamar after Dalamar in Dragonlance; and Elric after Elric of Melniboné.