The Dragon Nest is a special tower that appears only in the Arcane Quarters. It houses a single red dragon egg that can be hatched to a baby dragon that will aid the player against enemies.
Description[edit | edit source]
After 250 gold is paid, a baby dragon named Ashbite will hatch from the egg. Ashbite is rather durable, has a powerful attack, and a huge rally point radius, allowing him to be deployed almost everywhere on the map like a secondary hero, though he flies quite slowly. Unlike other mercenaries who must be hired again after death, Ashbite respawns 10 seconds after being killed. In addition, he can be upgraded with two special abilities like other advanced towers.
The Dragon Nest is unavailable in Iron Challenge mode: the nest itself is ruined and the egg (or Ashbite himself) is nowhere to be seen.
Ashbite deals True Damage with his basic attack and both abilities.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Blazing Breath[edit | edit source]
Spews forth a cone of searing flame, dealing area damage. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Fiery Mist[edit | edit source]
Spews out a cloud of searing smoke that burns and slows enemies.
|220||100 Steam, Android
|60%||3 seconds||12 seconds|
Range[edit | edit source]
- Rally range: 700
- Attack range: min 60, max 200
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Ashbite is able to reach both of the entrance points, making him one of the few ways to damage the enemies entering on the north-east path where towers are unable to be placed (outside of Vez'nan and his demon, Bravebark, Phoenix, Faustus, and Wilbur).
- With upgrades to his attack, he can cause a lot damage to the enemies before they join the active battle. Also, every single thing Ashbite can do deals splash damage, enabling a good degree of crowd control. Spiders have almost no chance to pass him at all.
- it is usually wise to recruit Ashbite early, when the player's defense is not under pressure and thirst for gold on upgrades. The player should him around the map according to where the enemies are at the most, to support towers in the killing.
- Ashbite flies, and thus is mostly invulnerable except versus enemies with ranged attacks.
- The Twilight Harassers take a while to kill him, due to his armor, but their arrow volleys can quickly halve his health.
- The Twilight Evokers are not as powerful nor come in groups as large, but their magic bolts pierce armor, allowing them to harm Ashbite more effectively.
- The Twilight Heretics deal a ton of magic damage, on top of their ability of instantly consuming Ashbite's soul, making them a deadly counter to the dragon. However, they usually focus on ground troops, so a Ranger Barracks or a Bladesinger Hall could easily cover Ashbite while he hurts the Heretics.
- The Twilight Golem does not have a ranged attack, but it can inadvertently harm Ashbite while smashing your men below - note that area attacks affect air units directly on top of where the blow strikes. The Golem can quickly deal a lot of damage to Ashbite, despite his armor, so you would want to put Ashbite slightly off the path or behind your barricade.
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
D&D Have Beresad and Ashbite defeat 100 enemies.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The dragon Ashbite would return to aid Linirea again many years later, during their expedition to the south-eastern desert and jungle in a campaign against Lord Malagar in Kingdom Rush: Frontiers, as one of the heroes present. Apparently his armor and attack damage have deteriorated as he grew older. He also takes three times as long to respawn in contrary to this.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Towers • Kingdom Rush|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Rangers Hideout • Musketeer Garrison • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Holy Order • Barbarian Mead Hall • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Arcane Wizard • Sorcerer Mage • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • Big Bertha • Tesla x104|
|Special||Sylvan Elf Hall • Sasquatch • Sunray Tower|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Crossbow Fort • Tribal Axethrowers • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Assassin's Guild • Knights Templar • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Archmage Tower • Necromancer Tower • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • DWAARP • Battle-Mecha T200|
|Special||Legion Archer • Mercenary Camp • SCUMM Bar • Pirate Cpt. • Spear Maiden • Dwarven Bastion • Dwarf Hall • Pirate Watchtower • Shrine of Regnos • Dark Forge|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Standard||Hunter Arbor • Watcher Arbor • Sentinel Arbor • Arcane Archers • Golden Longbows • Defender Barracks • Warden Barracks • Ranger Barracks • Bladesinger Hall • Forest Keepers • Mystic Dais • Arcanist Dais • Eldritch Dais • Wild Magus • High Elven Mage • Stone Circle • Boulder Circle • Menhir Circle • Arch-Druid Henge • Weirdwood|
|Special||Awok Hut • Gryphon Rider • Faery Dragon Aerie • Gnome Garden • Dragon Nest • Young Beresad • Renegade Post • Bastion|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Vengeance|
|Standard||Shadow Archers • Orc Warriors Den • Infernal Mage • Rocket Riders • Dark Knights • Melting Furnace • Specters Mausoleum • Goblirangs • Bone Flingers • Elite Harassers • Orc Shaman • Grim Cemetery • Rotten Forest • Blazing Gem • Deep Devil's Reef • Wicked Sisters • Swamp Thing • Goblin War Zeppelin|
|Special||Troll Mercenaries • Spider Nest • Caravan|