|“||Shoot to thrill, ready to kill.||”|
The Golden Longbows is a level 4 Archer Tower in Kingdom Rush: Origins, unlocked in stage 7, Grimmsburg. They resemble the Musketeer Garrison from the original game: firing slowly but very accurately, with high individual damage, from the longest range in the game. If the target is within short range (scope: 300), they shoot faster, while the damage is reduced to a third.
Description[edit | edit source]
"Golden Longbows are accurate, disciplined archers that deal death from far far away."
Golden Longbows' attacks have a 6% (1% in short range) chance of dealing double damage, which deals True Damage. It is shown as .
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Crimson Sentence[edit | edit source]
(*The percentage is halved in short range.)
|Level||Cost||*Chance of Instant-Kill|
Hunter's Mark[edit | edit source]
Marks a target*, causing it to suffer 200% (220%) damage from all sources. (Cooldown: 12 seconds)
*: Excludes bosses.
Note: It is currently bugged in iOS where target causes enemy to suffer damage from all sources for 5 seconds, regardless of whether tier two or three is upgraded or not.
Range[edit | edit source]
- 88% wider than the Level 1 Hunter Arbor
- 67% wider than the Level 2 Watcher Arbor
- 50% wider than the Level 3 Sentinel Arbor, and Arcane Archers
- 28% wider than Musketeer Garrison from Kingdom Rush
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Golden Longbow is specialized in single target sniping. His great physical damage and range balance for his uncomfortably low fire rate. It is advised to only recruit him later in the stage, once your defense has been stabilized by Arcane Archers and Wild Magus, and bigger, tougher foes are coming. Purchase Crimson Sentence early to kill off Twilight Avengers and Satyr Hoplites before they threaten your defense with their abilities, and begin saving for Hunter's Mark as the Twilight Golem and Bandersnatches come.
- The Hunter's Mark synergizes very well with Arch-Druid Henge's tier 3 Sylvan Curse, dealing equal double damage to all enemies near the common target. Together these two towers set up a deadly choke points for spiders, able to wreck hordes of them at once. But this strategy depends on luck to proc on the same target and Weirdwood's Clobber is more cost-efficient.
- Golden Longbow should not be built early in a level without sufficient fire power support. The slow fire rate will put the player at risk when floods of enemies come.
- On iOS, Obsidian Heads upgrade is bugged in that it doesn't affect Golden Longbows, except for arrow of Hunter's Mark.
- Golden Longbows should rather be placed in the back to fully utilize both abilities. They also work well in the middle of the map where it can make the best use of its wide coverage.
- While Golden Longbow has a sufficient damage, the attack rate itself is slow, and has the worst crowd control, compared to fast attack rate towers.
Related Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Master Shooter (1 star)
- Increases Archer attack damage.
- Treesinged Bow (1 star)
- Increases Archer attack range (by 10%).
- Obsidian Heads (2 stars)
- Archers deal maximum damage against unarmored targets.
- Elven Training (2 stars)
- Improves all Archer special abilities.
- Bloodletting Shot (3 stars)
- Archer attacks have a 15% chance of causing heavy bleeding, plus an increase of 10% of the Archer attack damage. In iOS, the attack damage does not increase when Bloodletting Shot is upgraded while the bleeding is still in effect.
Tower Maximum Bloodletting Damage Hunter Arbor 23 (22 iOS) Watcher Arbor 23 (22 iOS) Sentinel Arbor 46 (44 iOS) Arcane Archers 46 (44 iOS) Golden Longbows Long-range shot: 161 (154 iOS)
Long-range shot combined with a "crit": 299 (286 iOS)
Short-range shot: 69 (66 iOS)
Short-range shot combined with a "crit": 115 (110 iOS)
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
- "Shoot to thrill, ready to kill."
- "Crimson skies."
- The achievement, Valar Morghulis, is a reference to the A Song of Ice and Fire novels. The phrase means All men must die in the fictional High Valyrian language.
- "Shot through the heart!"
- A line from the 1986 song "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi.
- "Shoot to thrill, ready to kill"
- A reference to the song "Shoot to Thrill!" by the Australian rock band AC/DC.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Towers • Kingdom Rush|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Rangers Hideout • Musketeer Garrison • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Holy Order • Barbarian Mead Hall • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Arcane Wizard • Sorcerer Mage • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • Big Bertha • Tesla x104|
|Special||Sylvan Elf Hall • Sasquatch • Sunray Tower|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Crossbow Fort • Tribal Axethrowers • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Assassin's Guild • Knights Templar • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Archmage Tower • Necromancer Tower • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • DWAARP • Battle-Mecha T200|
|Special||Legion Archer • Mercenary Camp • SCUMM Bar • Pirate Cpt. • Spear Maiden • Dwarven Bastion • Dwarf Hall • Pirate Watchtower • Shrine of Regnos • Dark Forge|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Standard||Hunter Arbor • Watcher Arbor • Sentinel Arbor • Arcane Archers • Golden Longbows • Defender Barracks • Warden Barracks • Ranger Barracks • Bladesinger Hall • Forest Keepers • Mystic Dais • Arcanist Dais • Eldritch Dais • Wild Magus • High Elven Mage • Stone Circle • Boulder Circle • Menhir Circle • Arch-Druid Henge • Weirdwood|
|Special||Awok Hut • Gryphon Rider • Faery Dragon Aerie • Gnome Garden • Dragon Nest • Young Beresad • Renegade Post • Bastion|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Vengeance|
|Standard||Shadow Archers • Orc Warriors Den • Infernal Mage • Rocket Riders • Dark Knights • Melting Furnace • Specters Mausoleum • Goblirangs • Bone Flingers • Elite Harassers • Orc Shaman • Grim Cemetery • Rotten Forest • Blazing Gem • Deep Devil's Reef • Wicked Sisters • Swamp Thing • Goblin War Zeppelin|
|Special||Troll Mercenaries • Spider Nest • Caravan|