- This article is about the tower in Kingdom Rush. For the enemy in Kingdom Rush: Vengeance, see Paladin.
They regenerate 25 HP per second when idle.
Trains Paladins, an order of Holy Warriors. They are paragons of divine protection and heavenly defense.
Paladins are the epitome of durability. Their physical armor can be upgraded to high, making enemy physical attacks do far less damage to them. Their ability, Healing Light, allows them to restore their health when damaged, and their Holy Strike is extremely effective when taking down groups of weaker enemies, such as Skeletons.
Compared to its counterpart, the Barbarian Mead Hall, the Holy Order's Paladins are far more durable, due to their armor and their ability to heal themselves. However, as they do less damage, they will require support when facing large amounts of enemies. They are also the only advanced tower with no way of attacking flying enemies.
Paladins can heal themselves every 10 seconds.
Shield of Valor
"No retreat, No surrender!"
Enhances Paladins' protection, improving their armor from 50% to 65% (60% to 75% with the Better Armor upgrade).
Paladin's attacks have 10% chance of becoming a Holy Strike, dealing physical damage in a small area.
(it deals True Damage on Flash only.)
- These are the stats of a Paladin with max abilties:
|Without Upgrades||200||12-18||High (65%)||14s||120-180 HP||75-135 damage|
|With Max Upgrades||240||12-18||High (75%)||11s||120-180 HP||75-135 damage|
- Paladins have high health and the highest armor rating allied forces can achieve. Feel free to send them to tank against deadly enemies, such as Demon Lords or Dark Slayers. Although they are best at the end of the path to prevent any enemies from escaping, don't be afraid to have a few Paladins guarding the earlier portions to disorganize enemies or create choke points.
- Paladins are not recommended for smaller or faster enemies, such as Wulves. Only recruit them if you are expecting many strong enemies to come by. To use them to their fullest extent, make sure you buy Level 2 or 3 Healing Light for the Paladins - the skill renders them almost unkillable by most enemies. Holy Strike and Shield of Valor can be left un-upgraded until you have gained sufficient money reserve.
- With Healing Light Level 3 and Shield of Valor, the Paladins can stall any enemies without an instant kill ability, including bosses, for an extended period of time. Feel free to send them to block any foe you want once you have bought them those upgrades.
- The Holy Order is the sole advanced tower out of the eight in the game which is incapable of harming flying enemies. Make sure to account for those air waves.
- Holy Strike can be very effective against numerous, low-HP enemies such as Skeletons. Place Paladins near Graveyards to utilise the full potential of the skill.
- Even with Holy Strike, Paladins have a rather low damage output, and are ineffective in damaging durable enemies such as Forest Trolls. Support them with towers to compensate for this.
- Ensure that your Paladins are not caught in the explosions from Abominations. Abominations deal 250 True Damage on death, which will kill them even at full HP.
- Place Gerald near Holy Orders for to further improve their armor and damage. With a fully upgraded Barracks Upgrade Tree and a fully upgraded Holy Order, Paladins can have up to 90% armor with Gerald's buff. This renders them virtually invincible with Healing Light.
- Total HP: 600
- Total EHP*: 1200
- Total DPS: 24 to 36 (average 30)
- Total Cost: 570 G
- Cost Efficiency: 0.475 gold per EHP, 19 gold per DPS
- The Toughness Training and Endurance Training upgrades give +20 health each, up to a total of +40 health.
- Better Armor increases their resistance against physical attacks by 10%, increasing their natural armor to 60% and their maximum armor with Shield of Valor to 75%.
- EHP with upgrades: 1800
- Cost Efficiency with upgrades: 0.316 gold per EHP
- Total Cost with Shield of Valor: 820 G
- EHP with upgrades and Shield of Valor: 2880
- Cost Efficiency with upgrades and Shield of Valor: 0.285 gold per EHP
- Total Cost with abilities fully upgraded: 1790 G
- Total DPS with abilities fully upgraded: 36.6 to 59.4 (average 48)
*Note: EHP stands for Effective HP, and factors in armor values to give an estimate of how much damage the unit can receive.
- Toughness Training (1 Star): Barracks train soldiers with more health. (+10% health)
- Better Armor (1 Star): Barracks train soldiers with improved armor. (+10% armor)
- Improved Deployment (2 Stars): Improves rally point range (by 20%) and reduces soldier training time. (Respawn time is reduced by 3 seconds)
- Endurance Training (2 Stars): Barracks train soldiers with even more health. (+20% health total)
- Spiked Armor (3 Stars): When attacked, soldier's spiked armor return a percent of the damage received to the attacker. (~12.5% reflection of damage as True Damage)
MEDIC! Have your Paladins heal a total of 7000 life.
HOLY CHORUS Have your Paladins perform 100 Holy Strikes.
- Justice served!
- Let there be light! (Healing Light)
- No mercy! (Shield of Valor)
- Feel my wrath! (Holy Strike)
- "Feel my wrath"
- A quote made by both the Priest units and the Shade units in Warcraft III
- "Let there be light!"
- As written in the first book of Genesis, where God created the Earth and filled the darkness of the void with light.
- "No mercy!"
- Is a quote of Leonidas from the film 300. He screams it when they go to face the enemy.
- All Paladins have the title 'Sir'. This reflects their rank:
- Sir Alvus
- Sir Armstrong
- Sir Betz
- Sir Caspian - Possibly a reference to Prince Caspian from The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Sir Charlemagne
- Sir Chrisden
- Sir Dante
- Sir Gabini
- Sir Gaw Ain - The separated name of Gawain, a knight of the round table.
- Sir Guybrosh
- Sir Litto
- Sir Magnus
- Sir Nicholas
- Sir Olivier
- Sir Roland
- Sir Royster
- Sir Sande - Gonzalo Sande is one of the co-founders of Ironhide Games.
- Sir Ulric
- Sir Vincent
- Sir Wallace