The Imperial Guard are powerful soldiers that only appear in Level 6, The Citadel. They resemble paladins, but are larger and wear a violet cape. While a paladin can only do 12-18 damage, an Imperial Guard can do 10-30 damage. Imperial Guards are also affected by Barracks upgrades, and are not replaceable if killed.
The chokepoints to the right and left have two Guards each, and the exit path has an additional three.
- You can build two Barracks on the two Strategic Points behind the Imperial Guards and rally them to just in front of them. This will help you to keep your Imperial Guards alive as long as possible through the level.
- Gerald's Courage will help your Imperial Guards stay in combat longer and deal more damage.
- Distract the Shadow Archers with your Reinforcements or Barracks so they won't target your Imperial Guards.
- Imperial Guards can help stem the flow of enemies, but should by no means be relied on unless you have backup. A Holy Order backed up by Mages can serve as a first line of defense, weakening enemies so that the Guards will have less trouble.
IMPERIAL SAVIOUR Complete The Citadel with at least three surviving Imperial Guards.
- Toughness Training (1 Star)
- Barracks train soldiers with more health. (+10% health)
- Better Armor (1 Star)
- Barracks train soldiers with improved armor. (+10% armor)
- Endurance Training (2 Stars)
- Barracks train soldiers with even more health. (+20% health of the main one)
- Spiked Armor (3 Stars)
- When attacked, soldier's spiked armor return a 10% of the damage to the attacker. Spiked Armor also affects Reinforcements and Heroes. (dealt as True Damage)
- Imperial Guard use the same names as the Holy Order