Jack'O Lantern is a pumpkin-headed dark horseman who appears only in Desecrated Grove. In the update description, he is also known as the Headless Horseman. He does not have an encyclopedia entry.
Usually (but not always) when the Moon is full, Jack'O Lantern will announce his presence with an evil laugh, then appears at a random point on the path. He will then summon some Zombies and/or Ghouls, then either quickly disappear or continue to summon until killed. These Zombies and Ghouls give Gold on Steam and Android. In Heroic mode, Jack has been observed summoning Ghosts. He can also remove his head and throw it for a ranged attack, dealing 100 area damage that ignores half of the target's armor. In iOS, the ranged attack deals 50-70 area damage, dealing only physical damage.
Because Jack'O Lantern always summons an entourage when he appears, it is often not easy to isolate and kill him before he disappears unless you are using a fast melee-capable hero like Dante or Kutsao. However, he should always be killed if possible because of his enormous bounty (200), and because he might linger up to four or five times during a full Moon, making him a very profitable (if a bit unreliable) source of gold.
- Archmage Towers are very good at killing them, since they deal very high damage.
- Although Rain of Fire kills him almost instantly, it might be a waste, since it may be needed soon after when there is a large group of enemies that can overwhelm the player's defenses.
- Since Jack O' Lantern is considered a mini-boss, he is immune to all instant kill attacks.
- For best results, the player should build more towers rather than upgrading a few so that they can start concentrating aiming on Jack O' Lantern.
Jack appears multiple times on some waves:
- 2 times on Wave 2
- 2 times on Wave 6
- 3 times on Wave 9
- 5 times on Wave 12
- 4 times on Wave 14
- 4 times on Wave 15
- His appearance appears to be based on the Headless Horseman from United States folklore. It could, also, be a reference to the Dullahan from Celtic mythology. However, his actual head is not seen.
- The Jack O' Lantern cannot be killed, if its HP reaches 0, it will leave the map prematurely while giving its bounty in the process.
|Kingdom Rush - Enemies|
|Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief|
|Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager|
|Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker|
|Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom|
|Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep|
|Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Kingdom Rush: Origins - Enemies|
|Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi|
|Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger|
|Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider|
|Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|