Jack O'Lantern is a pumpkin-headed dark horseman who appears only in Desecrated Grove. In the update description, he is also known as the Headless Horseman. He does not have an encyclopedia entry.
Jack O'Lantern appears at a random point on the path, announcing his presence with an evil laugh. He will then summon some Zombies and/or Ghouls, then either quickly disappear or continue to summon until killed. In the Heroic challenge, Jack has been observed summoning Ghosts. Jack will not proceed down the path, but the summoned minions will. He can also remove his head and throw it for a ranged attack, dealing area damage.
Because Jack O'Lantern always summons an entourage when he appears, it is often not easy to isolate and kill him before he disappears unless the player is using a fast melee-capable hero like Dante or Kutsao. However, he should always be killed if possible because of his enormous bounty (200), and because he might linger up to four or five times during a full Moon, making him a very profitable (if a bit unreliable) source of gold.
- Archmage Towers are very good at killing him, since they deal very high damage.
- Although Rain of Fire kills him almost instantly, it might be a waste, since it may be needed soon after when there is a large group of enemies that can overwhelm the player's defenses.
- Since Jack O'Lantern is considered a mini-boss, he is immune to all instant kill attacks.
- For best results, the player should build more towers rather than upgrading a few so that they can concentrate on Jack O'Lantern.
Level Wave Times Campaign Wave 2 2 Wave 6 2 Wave 9 3 Wave 12 5 Wave 14 4 Wave 15 4 Heroic Challenge Wave 1 1 Wave 2 1 Wave 3 1 Wave 6 2 Iron Challenge Wave 1 14
- His appearance appears to be based on the Headless Horseman from United States folklore. It could, also, be a reference to the Dullahan from Celtic mythology. However, his actual head is not seen.
- The Jack O' Lantern cannot be killed, if its HP reaches 0, it will leave the map prematurely while giving its bounty in the process.
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush|
|Enemies||Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief • Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager • Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker • Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom • Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep • Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|Bosses||The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Enemies||Desert Thug • Dune Raider • Desert Archer • Sand Hound • War Hound • Immortal • Fallen • Executioner • Giant Scorpion • Giant Wasp • Giant Wasp Queen • Dune Terror • Sand Wraith • Lesser Efreeti • Anoobis • Jungle Spider • Jungle Matriarch • Spiderling • Savage Warrior • Savage Hunter • Witch Doctor • Earth Shaman • Spirit Shaman • Blood Trickster • Savage Zombie • Savage Brute • Gorillon • Poukai Rider • Poukai • Parasyte • Reaper • Mandrilos • Reaper Lord • Saurian Razorwing • Saurian Quetzal • Saurian Broodguard • Saurian Myrmidon • Saurian Blazefang • Saurian Nightscale • Saurian Darter • Saurian Brute • Saurian Savant • Shade Elemental • Shred of Darkness • Saurian Deathcoil • Gunboat • Greenfin • Redspine • Blacksurge • Deviltide • Bluegale • Bloodshell • Zombie • Ghoul • Bat • Werewolf • Abomination • Lycan • Ghost • Phantom Warrior • Jack'O Lantern • Vampiresa|
|Bosses||Nazeru • Quincon • Umbra • Leviathan • Vasile • Xyzzy|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Enemies||Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi • Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger • Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider • Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Bosses||Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|
| "For the Light! For Elynie!"|
This article is a stub. You can help Kingdom Rush Wiki
by expanding it and adding more information to it.
"I will bury them!"
Jack was a skilled knight, the leader of a mercenary band of great renown. He fought for the opposite side of what would be the first king of Linirea. In a battle, a cannonball hit him directly in the head, leaving his body lying among the roots of the Rotten Forest. Since then, he has tormented all humans who pass through his lands.
Fight for the fate of the kingdoms with the help of a new powerful melee hero: Jack O´Lantern.
The dark horseman is seeking revenge after he was betrayed and left to die by the infamous ghost kings.
Unleash his rage on the battlefield and watch him destroy his enemies with his flaming axe and teleport abilities.
With this hero on your ranks, the enemies will not stand a chance!
EXPLOSIVE HEAD (active, cooldown: 4/4/4 seconds) (2/2/2 hero points):
- Every 4 seconds, Jack throws his head, dealing 30/60/100 area damage, ignoring 50% of the enemy armor. (Affected by One Man Army upgrade)
HAUNTED BLADE (active, cooldown: 16/8/4 seconds) (1/1/1 hero points):
- Every 16/8/4 seconds, Jack reduces the Magic Resistance of the enemy to 0, dealing 50-90 magic damage.
SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE (passive) (2/1/1 hero points):
- Each time Jack receives damage, he accumulates 20/40/60% of it until he releases it in his next attack.
THRILLER (passive) (3/2/2 hero points):
- Every 30 seconds, Jack summons 2/3/4 Ghouls to aid in combat.
NIGHTMARE (active, cooldown: 50 seconds) (6/5/5 hero points):
- Creates a stampede of fire horses, causing panic to enemies for the duration and up to 160/320/480 True Damage.
- Jack can teleport to far places of the battlefield.
|Level||HP||Heal Rate||Melee Damage||Armor||Respawn|
Tips and Tricks
- BACK TO BATTLE (1 upgrade point)
- Reduces the respawn time of Heroes. (10% respawn reduction)
- SPECIAL TRAINING (1 upgrade point)
- Thanks to a secret and intense training heroes level up faster. (25% extra XP gain)
- ONE MAN ARMY (2 upgrade points)
- All heroes improve their base attack damage. (15% extra damage)
- ULTIMATE POWER (1 upgrade point)
- All heroes' Ultimate skills now have their cool downs reduced. (20% CD reduction)
- IRON WILL (2 upgrade points)
- All heroes improve their maximum health. (20% HP increase)
- SHIELD OF PROTECTION (2 upgrade points)
- Every basic attack inflicted to a hero has a small chance of dealing no damage. (10% chance to trigger)
- SECOND WIND (4 upgrade points)
- Heroes now have a small chance of instantly respawning. (10% chance to trigger)
- "It's hunting season!"
- "This headache is killing me! Ha ha ha!"
- "I will bury them!"
- "Don't lose your head! Hahahahahahaha!!"
- (death) "I can't die! Heehehehahaha!"