Lord Blackburn is the boss of the Curse of Castle Blackburn mini-campaign in the Steam, iOS, and Android versions of Kingdom Rush. He is the second most heavily armored boss in the series (after one of the Ancient Ghosts, who has physical damage immunity).
Once a great noble knight, his yearn for the power to battle evil corrupted him and his lands.
In addition to having more armor than any other boss in the franchise, Lord Blackburn has a range of powerful skills to breach your defenses. Most notably, he can disable nearby towers and units for 4 seconds and stun heroes for 2 seconds by slamming his axe on the ground. He can also hack through multiple troops at once by swinging his axe, although this attack is rather weak compared to those of other bosses. His tower disabling ability is the most powerful in the series; it affects any tower in about 3-holder-long radius from him, covering up to 8 towers.
- Due to Lord Blackburn's extraordinary armor rating, advanced mages and durable heroes are crucial to his defeat - physical attacks will simply bounce off him.
- Arcane Wizards placed along his exit path can deduct a large portion of the boss's health.
- Sorcerer Mages can deal quite a bit of damage and weaken his armor if not distracted by other enemies, and proper use of the Earth Elemental will stall Lord Blackburn for quite a while.
- Teslas upgraded with Overcharge will deal high damage to him, especially if combined with Sorcerer Mages.
- Rangers' Poison Arrows can weaken other enemies alongside the boss, but the damage done is negligible, thus do not rely on them to kill Lord Blackburn.
- Paladins can block Lord Blackburn for a while, thanks to his rather modest attack damage for a boss and lack of an instant kill, giving time for your towers to deal damage.
- It is recommended to use abilities and ranged, mobile heroes to stall him as long as possible so that he doesn't go too far after disabling your towers.
- Magnus Spellbane and Elora Wintersong can be kited to harm Lord Blackburn without being killed, however, beware of other enemies swarming over, distracting and hurting the fragile ranged heroes.
- Melee heroes, especially Thor, Oni, Hacksaw, Ingvar Bearclaw and Gerald Lightseeker can stall the boss for a while. Make sure you retreat the hero when s/he is low on health, and use your other units to block Lord Blackburn while your hero is healing.
- On mobile, Gerald Lightseeker's Shield of Retribution allows him to potentially reflect a damaging blow and harm the boss.
- While most melee heroes cannot hurt the boss through the great armor rating, Oni can still harm him with True Damage from his two special skills.
- Ingvar Bearclaw's Bear Form allows him invulnerability to take significantly more hits from Lord Blackburn before needing to retreat.
- Do not use Ignus to block the boss, since he lacks armor and can dash to other enemies, making him an unreliable blocker.
- Blackburn takes a short route to the exit, so most of your towers should be concentrated around the center to quickly kill him before he makes it out.
- Because Lord Blackburn will disable nearby towers every few seconds, striking him with Rain of Fire and Reinforcements as much as possible with help stop him from walking through unscathed.
- As of a patch change, Lord Blackburn will now use his stunning ability even when there are no towers nearby when he's being stalled by a melee unit.
- Lord Blackburn appears as a boss in the board game Kingdom Rush: Rift in Time.
- Despite resembling the Spectral Knight, he is not immune to physical attacks and does not resist magic.
- Lord Blackburn's armor appears in Kingdom Rush: Vengeance on the level The Ancient Ghosts in the ruins of Denas’s previous attack. When reconstructing Lord Blackburn, the player's towers gain a 50% increase in damage for 5 seconds, plus an achievement that awards 500 gems.
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush|
|Enemies||Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief • Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager • Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker • Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom • Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep • Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|Bosses||The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Enemies||Desert Thug • Dune Raider • Desert Archer • Sand Hound • War Hound • Immortal • Fallen • Executioner • Giant Scorpion • Giant Wasp • Giant Wasp Queen • Dune Terror • Sand Wraith • Lesser Efreeti • Anoobis • Jungle Spider • Jungle Matriarch • Spiderling • Savage Warrior • Savage Hunter • Witch Doctor • Earth Shaman • Spirit Shaman • Blood Trickster • Savage Zombie • Savage Brute • Gorillon • Poukai Rider • Poukai • Parasyte • Reaper • Mandrilos • Reaper Lord • Saurian Razorwing • Saurian Quetzal • Saurian Broodguard • Saurian Myrmidon • Saurian Blazefang • Saurian Nightscale • Saurian Darter • Saurian Brute • Saurian Savant • Shade Elemental • Shred of Darkness • Saurian Deathcoil • Gunboat • Greenfin • Redspine • Blacksurge • Deviltide • Bluegale • Bloodshell • Zombie • Ghoul • Bat • Werewolf • Abomination • Lycan • Ghost • Phantom Warrior • Jack'O Lantern • Vampiresa|
|Bosses||Nazeru • Quincon • Umbra • Leviathan • Vasile • Xyzzy|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Enemies||Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi • Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger • Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider • Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Bosses||Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|