The evil and deadly Twilight Queen. Three times winner of the Malefic beauty contest.
Malicia sits comfortably in her throne in the Unseelie Court. Every few waves, she'll turn into a spark of light, fly forward, then starts to disable towers and spells. When standing here, Malicia is protected by an energy shield which weakens over time: if the shield's HP is depleted, either by itself or by being attacked, she'll immediately fly back to her throne. As the stage progresses, Malicia will leave her throne at an increasingly frequent rate. After wave 15, when her shield is destroyed, Malicia will no longer return to the throne, but will fly further forward to the middle magical circle to attack.
After one third of her HP bar is depleted, Malicia will return to the hallway in front of her throne, then channels her energy shield and starts to disable towers again. She'll continue to attack when her shield is depleted.
When Malicia's HP is reduced to 0, she'll fly back, exhausted, to her throne. Suddenly, she is rescued by the spider queen Mactans, who descends from the sky, wraps Malicia in a web and carries her to the Elven First City.
Malicia and Mactans are encountered again in the Shrine of Elynie, where they work to break the shield around the Tear of Elynie, the artifact that gave birth to the elves themselves.
After wave 15, the shield is broken. Both Malicia and Mactans jump at the Tear screaming 'Mine!', causing the Tear to fuse them into the Spider Goddess.
- Make sure you concentrate your defense near the center back since that is usually where Malicia will teleport to.
- If available use your spells to deal extra damage to the boss. Hero spells such as Vez'nan's Dark Pact, Catha's Faery Dust, Reg'son's Vindicator or Eridan's Arrow Storm can deal lots of damage or in Vez'nan's case, stall her for a while with the Demon and Catha stops her from doing anything except stand there and take a lot of damage from your towers, spells and hero.
- Compared to Hi-Hi Enha or the Spider Goddess, she is a bit easier to stall since, for a boss, she has a fairly low, concise attack.
- Malicia does area attack dealing True Damage. And Bladesingers cannot parry it somehow.
- Arcane Archers and Druids shine against all bosses because of their damage, they can help destroy enemies around Malicia so your attackers are all focused on her rather than a silly Hoplite or Webspitter Spider that happened to have ran in front of her.
- Sorry for having so little time to spare on you... I recently gave myself a new kingdom to rush!
- Well, well. What a glittering assemblage!
- Who's the fairest of them all?
- It's far better to be feared than loved.
- It's that a Vorpal Sword?
- I definitely have a happily ever after thing going on
- There is no good and evil. There is only power!
- Get over here!
- Do not dawdle, I lust for my revenge!
After wave 15/when approaching the center:
- Prepare for unforseen consequences!
- It's only a flesh wound...
- I'm not in danger, elves. I AM the danger!
- That's different. Last time I wasn't even trying!
- (Start of level, after Mactans' opening quote) Just in time to witness the fall of your goddess!
- Evil never looked so good!
- You have lost your "muchness".
- Oh dear. What an awkwars situation!
- You are not ready for what's coming!
- Always a villain, even when I'm not.
- My happy ending is your head on a spike!
- Oh yes, there will be blood!
- The twilight elves will rule forever in darkness!
- You cannot defeat us!
- I shall give this world the queen it deserves!
- IT'S BREAKING! (End of Wave 15)
- The Unseelie Court
- Shrine of Elynie (as part of scenery before merging with Mactans to become Spider Goddess)
- Malicia's name seems to be a pun off the adjective "malicious", which is commonly associated with evil, and "Alicia", a common girl's name.
- Malicia is the first boss in the Kingdom Rush series to be battled twice, the second time in the form of Spider Goddess.
- "It's that a Vorpal Sword?" is a phrase that appears in the nonsense poem "Jabberwocky", from Lewis Carroll.
- "Get over here!" is the trademark phrase of Scorpion in the Mortal Kombat series.
- "Who's the fairest of them all?" is the base question of the plot behind Snow White.
- "It's only a flesh wound" is a piece of the quote from the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- In the comic preceding the Shrine of Elynie, Malicia seems to have doubts taking the Tear of Elynie, stating that "the price could be too high." Interestingly enough, after Spider Goddess was vanquished, one of the elves said that although they won the war, "the price was too high," as the tear was already corrupted with evil power.
- Malicia is also the first female boss since Sarelgaz from the original Kingdom Rush. Oddly enough, both are giant spiders (Not originally in the case of Malicia, though.)
- "There is no good and evil. There is only power!" spoken in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush|
|Enemies||Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief • Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager • Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker • Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom • Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep • Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|Bosses||The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Enemies||Desert Thug • Dune Raider • Desert Archer • Sand Hound • War Hound • Immortal • Fallen • Executioner • Giant Scorpion • Giant Wasp • Giant Wasp Queen • Dune Terror • Sand Wraith • Lesser Efreeti • Anoobis • Jungle Spider • Jungle Matriarch • Spiderling • Savage Warrior • Savage Hunter • Witch Doctor • Earth Shaman • Spirit Shaman • Blood Trickster • Savage Zombie • Savage Brute • Gorillon • Poukai Rider • Poukai • Parasyte • Reaper • Mandrilos • Reaper Lord • Saurian Razorwing • Saurian Quetzal • Saurian Broodguard • Saurian Myrmidon • Saurian Blazefang • Saurian Nightscale • Saurian Darter • Saurian Brute • Saurian Savant • Shade Elemental • Shred of Darkness • Saurian Deathcoil • Gunboat • Greenfin • Redspine • Blacksurge • Deviltide • Bluegale • Bloodshell • Zombie • Ghoul • Bat • Werewolf • Abomination • Lycan • Ghost • Phantom Warrior • Jack'O Lantern • Vampiresa|
|Bosses||Nazeru • Quincon • Umbra • Leviathan • Vasile • Xyzzy|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Enemies||Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi • Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger • Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider • Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Bosses||Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|