There is one Mercenary Camp in the Campaign and Heroic Challenge at the upper right corner of the map, and three Mercenary Camps in the Iron Challenge. It allows generals to train up to a maximum of three mercenaries, either Legionnaires or Genies.
The Legionnaire is a fighter who can be hired, with no ranged capabilities but a formidable amount of health and damage, while the Genie is a very powerful spirit with great melee capabilities and the ability to polymorph ground enemies into harps, chests or singing frogs. Proper support can help them tackle almost all ground enemies in the stage.
Legionnaires are cheap and decent fighters compared to desert enemies but are usually the worse option than Genies unless if you're short on gold, since their role can usually be fulfilled by soldiers with much less risk, and they lack the Genie's instant kill to justify their cost.
Their health regeneration is 25 health per 0.5 second. And Esprit de Corps upgrade improves it by 3 health per second.
- Legionnaires can stall and kill most enemies well, especially the Dune Terrors, but lose effectiveness against the heavily armored Giant Scorpions and Immortals. Keep your Legionnaires away from these foes, and support them with high-level Mages, or Genies to counter armor.
- Due to their lack of physical protection, Legionnaires are easy preys to the Desert Archers, while their rally point doesn't allow them to combat the ranged enemies unless they come very close. Thus, pay attention to when groups of archers are nearby, and change the rally point tactically to protect your Legionnaires.
- Always pay attention to the Sand Worms early warning and move your men accordingly: 225 gold is not cheap, especially if it's irreversibly lost.
- Not affected by Esprit de Corps Upgrades
- Same as Barrack's rally point range
- Blood and honor!
- For the Legion!
- Jean Claude
- Pierre Le Noir
Genies are formidable creatures. They fight with magic and fist alike but ask for a lot of gold.
Genies are twice as expensive as Legionnaires, but are much more powerful, and should be prioritized unless you are short of gold.
Their health regeneration is 20 health per 0.5 second. And Esprit de Corps Upgrades improves it by 4 health per second.
- Genies excel in melee combat and can quickly dispose of most enemies without trouble, however, caution should be taken when Immortals are present in numbers, as an Immortal, though weaker, can still inflict a lot of damage before dying.
- Genies also have the ability to polymorph enemies into a treasure chest, a dancing frog or a golden harp (cooldown: 15 seconds). Unlike the Sorcerer Mages, Genies cannot polymorph flying enemies, though the money from the enemy is still intact and their polymorph instantly kills enemies.
- Under no circumstances should you allow them to stand toe-to-toe with Giant Scorpions as the Poison Damage of these enemies will heavily wound Genies, while the heavy armor lowers the damage taken from Genies' blows. Instead, support the Genies with high-level Mages, Reinforcements and/or a melee hero, allowing them to recharge their deadly polymorph skill and get rid of the Scorpions easily
- Always keep your Genies away from the Sand Worm, or your spent gold will become naught as the enormous beast swallows them.
- Yes, master.
- As you wish.
- Courage (3 Stars): While in combat, soldiers & reinforcements regenerate health.
MONEY TALKS Hire 10 or more mercenaries.