- This article is about the tower in Kingdom Rush. For the enemy in Kingdom Rush: Vengeance, see Musketeer.
Patient, careful, and deadly accurate long-range deadeye shooters, with advanced weaponry.
Unlike other archer towers, Musketeers fire quite slowly, but in return, each shot deals very high damage and can reach very far.
Sniper Shot is one of the two instant kill abilities in the game, the other one being the Arcane Wizard's Death Ray. Though not guaranteed to kill the target, it can still prove handy, especially during Iron Challenges where Mage Towers are locked.
Shrapnel Shot is a fairly generic area-of-effect damage ability. Often underrated, it's actually quite reliable against masses of mid-level enemies, but also rather expensive.
Long range shot with increasing chance of instantly killing an enemy or dealing massive physical damage. When it doesn't insta-kill, it does damage equal to the insta-kill chance multiplied by the target's max HP. Cannot insta-kill (mini)bosses. Cooldown: 14 seconds.
Short range shot that blasts an area with shrapnel, dealing damage to all ground-based enemies within range. Cooldown: 9 seconds
- 68% wider than Level 1 Archer Tower
- 31% wider than Level 3 Sharpshooter Tower
- 17% wider than Rangers Hideout
The Musketeers are best for stemming the flow of a few, strong enemies, while the Ranger's Hideout is best used for hordes of weak enemies, like Bandits and Giant Spiders. They deal less damage/second than the Rangers Hideout but have superior range. This makes them very useful in lending support to other towers; place them in a location where their range reaches multiple choke points.
- DPS: 23.33 to 43.33 (average 33.33) | 19.13 to 35.52 on Steam (average 27.32)
- Total Cost: 570 G
- Cost Efficiency: 17.1 gold per point of DPS | 20.86 on Steam
- The Precision upgrade increases the base DPS by 10%: 25.66 to 47.66 (average 36.66)
- Salvage (1 Star): Marksmen Towers return 90% of value when sold. (Normally a rate of return is 60%.)
- Eagle Eye (1 Star): Increases Marksmen attack range (+10%).
- Piercing Shots (2 Stars): Piercing shots ignore a portion of the enemy's physical armor.
- Far Shots (2 Stars): Increases marksmen attack range. (+10% from Eagle Eye)
- Precision (3 Stars): Marksmen attacks have a (10%) chance of dealing double damage. (It is shown as , but not on Steam.)
- This is my boomstick! (main)
- Locked and loaded! (main)
- One shot...one kill... (Sniper Shot)
- Fire at will! (Shrapnel Shot)
- "This is my boomstick"
- "One shot, one kill."
- A term used to describe the most efficient way of causing a death with a fire arm. A head-shot kills instantly, and you only need to use one bullet.
- "Fire at will!"
- A commonly used term to stop following procedure and use as much power and force as necessary to get the job done.
- The Musketeer Garrison is the only advanced tower across all three Kingdom Rush games that only has one related achievement instead of the usual two.