Myconid is the boss in the elite level Fungal Forest.
Very bad temper and strong boxing skills. Prepare to be assimilated.
Myconid is a gigantic mushroom with the lowest health of any boss in the series, even lower than the mini-boss Cerberus and tied with the Paragons. However, he moves rather fast for a boss and can also kill soldiers fairly quickly with his attacks, although he struggles against Earth Elementals and strong melee heroes.
Myconid has a special attack that he uses every 5 seconds, with which he spews spores around him, spawning bounty-less Rotshrooms while dealing 10 True Damage per second to all soldiers around him. This is currently bugged on Steam and deals no damage.
After death, Myconid explodes, dealing 300-500 damage, then from his corpse, 25 Rotshrooms will spawn, which also must be killed to finish the level. This does not happen in the Steam Version.
- The Arcane Wizard and Sorcerer Mage do so much damage that with the right stalling and other micro techniques, Myconid won't make it even half way across the map even on Veteran difficulty. The Elemental of the Sorcerer can hold back the boss for a while, and its area attack combined with the curse of the Sorcerer help to eliminate the final Rotshroom horde, while the Arcane Wizard has superior damage output and can teleport backward any Rotshroom spawned.
- Rain of Fire is better saved after the Rotshrooms spawn so they can be dealt with immediately. A single, fully upgraded Rain of Fire is capable of killing almost all the Rotshrooms.
- The 500mm Big Bertha is quite helpful to finish off the last Rotshrooms with its area damage. One Dragonbreath Missile can remove a large portion of a Rotshroom's health, and the Cluster Launcher Extreme catches the whole group without fail. However, due to the tower's very slow fire rate, it is ill-suited to counter Myconid himself.
- The Tesla x104 is faster and more accurate than the Big Bertha, dealing more damage in one hit, making it better to fight Myconid with, however, the low damage of Overcharge, which is the Tesla's only real area attack, may put you at risk in case it is unable to kill all the Rotshrooms before they dash out of range.
- Myconid moves fairly fast, compared to other bosses like Vez'nan, J.T., The Juggernaut, etc. It is recommended to use Elementals and heroes like Gerald Lightseeker, Hacksaw, Oni, and Thor to kill Myconid. Do not rely on Ignus as he lacks the armor of a blocker.
SUPER MUSHROOM Defeat Myconid, the Rotten Fungus.
- Myconid's name comes from the Greek root μύκης (mukēs), meaning fungus.
|Kingdom Rush - Enemies|
|Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief|
|Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager|
|Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker|
|Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom|
|Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep|
|Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Kingdom Rush: Origins - Enemies|
|Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi|
|Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger|
|Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider|
|Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|