Ogre Magi are powerful two-headed Ogres with strong magical abilities.
These spell casting Ogres have the power to absorb damage from nearby enemies.
Ogre Magi are powerful, blue, two-headed magical ogres found in the Hulking Rage mini-campaign. They have the unique ability of absorbing 50% damage from their nearby allies, and have a strong ranged attack along with high magical resistance and quick regeneration. Unlike the average Ettins, the two heads of an Ogre Magi get along quite well together, and are smart enough to not smack themselves with their own club.
- The combination of one or more Ogre Magi and a mob is lethal; their damage absorption ability makes a mob surprisingly durable and they can roll through your defenses. It's best to:
- destroy the Magi early if possible
- try to keep them separate from mobs by careful management.
- Lightning and hero spells can usefully be saved to hit the Magi and eliminate them. They are vulnerable to instant kill mechanics. The Hero or reinforcements can be used to hold back the Magi and let mobs get ahead of them, out of reach of their protection.
- Area damage is especially effective, as it damages the Ogre Magi itself plus nearby enemies. A single cast of thunderbolt when an Ogre Magi is stacked on top of Ettins can bring it from full health to none easily.
- Another good strategy is to place Arcane Archers near the entrance, since Arcane Archers weaken magic resistance.
- They remain as ranged enemies, shooting bolts even if when forced in melee. Therefore, Eridan cannot dodge their attack, and Lynn's Curse of Despair doesn't lower their damage.
- The Ogre Magi's appearance is possibly based on the hero Ogre Magi in Dota 2.
|Kingdom Rush - Enemies|
|Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief|
|Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager|
|Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker|
|Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom|
|Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep|
|Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Kingdom Rush: Origins - Enemies|
|Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi|
|Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger|
|Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider|
|Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|