|“||To the vanguard!||”|
The Ranger Barracks is the level 3 Melee Tower tower in Kingdom Rush: Origins. It replaces the Knights Barracks from the previous games and is upgraded from the Warden Barracks. They regenerate 20 hit points per second when idle.
"Equipped with Twin Blades, Rangers lead the way! The uncanny of the elven kingdom."
The appearance of the elves when upgraded to Rangers doesn't change that much, they instead of swords are equipped with Twin Blades. Like the Wardens they are highly versatile because of their melee and ranged attacks. The description is a reference to the Motto of the 75th Ranger Regiment.
- The Ranger Barracks are stronger than their predecessors, able to take on more powerful enemies than before. Although they lack the power and special abilities of Bladesingers or Forest Keepers, they are much cheaper and work as a useful placeholder until these towers can be bought.
- Like the Wardens they have a ranged attack capable of hitting even flying enemies. However it can really only serve as support for other towers or as a finishing blow, as it is still quite weak.
- Enchanted Armor gives +10% armor for a total of 60%.
- In total with all upgrades, their EHP* is 350 points of physical damage per soldier (3 soldiers equals 1050 EHP).
- The cost of the Defender Barracks is 510 Gold, 459 if upgraded.
- Gold spend per EHP (for all 3 soldiers) is 0.49 (0.44 if upgraded).
Note: Effective Hit Points = how much damage a unit needs to take before dying.
Level 4 Upgrades
- Elven Fencing (1 star)
- Reduces basic barracks construction costs. (-10% for level 1-3 Barracks)
- Expert Tactician (1 star)
- Increases barracks rally point range. (by 20%)
- Enchanted Armor (2 stars)
- Barracks equip soldiers with improved armor. (+10%)
- Moon Forged Blades (2 stars)
- Soldier attacks deal 15% additional magic damage.
|Tower||Damage without Upgrade (with Upgrade)|
|Defender Barracks||1-4 (3-5)|
|Warden Barracks||3-7 (5-9)|
|Ranger Barracks||8-12 (11-14)|
|Bladesinger Hall||11-14 (14-18)|
|Forest Keepers||24-36 (30-42)|
- Blessing of Elynie (3 stars): Soldiers have a 10% chance of cheating death when dealt lethal damage. (Soldiers revive with full health when proced.)
- "For the Queen!"
- "By the light of the moon!"
- "To the vanguard!"
|Towers • Kingdom Rush|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Rangers Hideout • Musketeer Garrison • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Holy Order • Barbarian Mead Hall • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Arcane Wizard • Sorcerer Mage • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • Big Bertha • Tesla x104|
|Special||Sylvan Elf Hall • Sasquatch • Sunray Tower|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Crossbow Fort • Tribal Axethrowers • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Assassin's Guild • Knights Templar • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Archmage Tower • Necromancer Tower • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • DWAARP • Battle-Mecha T200|
|Special||Legion Archer • Mercenary Camp • SCUMM Bar • Pirate Cap • Spear Maiden • Dwarven Bastion • Dwarf Hall • Pirate Watchtower • Shrine of Regnos • Dark Forge|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Standard||Hunter Arbor • Watcher Arbor • Sentinel Arbor • Arcane Archers • Golden Longbows • Defender Barracks • Warden Barracks • Ranger Barracks • Bladesinger Hall • Forest Keepers • Mystic Dais • Arcanist Dais • Eldritch Dais • Wild Magus • High Elven Mage • Stone Circle • Boulder Circle • Menhir Circle • Arch-Druid Henge • Weirdwood|
|Special||Awok Hut • Gryphon Rider • Faery Dragon Aerie • Gnome Garden • Dragon Nest • Young Beresad • Renegade Post • Bastion|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Vengeance|
|Standard||Shadow Archers • Orc Warriors Den • Infernal Mage • Rocket Riders • Dark Knights • Melting Furnace • Specters Mausoleum • Goblirangs • Bone Flingers • Elite Harassers • Orc Shaman • Grim Cemetery • Rotten Forest • Blazing Gem • Deep Devil's Reef • Wicked Sisters • Swamp Thing • Goblin War Zeppelin|
|Special||Troll Mercenaries • Spider Nest • Caravan|