Flowing from the top left of the map, through the middle of the level, down a waterfall and off to the bottom right, the River Trail offers very little to the level. However, items will regularly fall down the first waterfall and tapping on them has different outcomes.
- A plain old barrel. Tapping on this simply sinks the barrel.
- A barrelled dwarf. Tapping on causes the dwarf to leap out of the barrel. Save enough to unlock an achievement.
- A Fed-Ex box. Tap on it to release Wilson, a hand-print like face on a ball.
- A Yellow Submarine. Tap on it to play a short bit of music.
- A Treasure Chest. Tap on it to receive 20 gold.
You only have a short time to click the items. When they reach the level's central waterfall they will tip over the edge and disappear.
DWARF FALLS Save 13 barrelled dwarves.
- Dwarves in barrels falling down a waterfall is one of the key scenes in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. The Dwarven party escape an Elvish prison by hiding in barrels that are shipped down the river to the town of Esgaroth.
- The music played when you click the Yellow Submarine is the first few notes of the song by the same name, by English band The Beatles. An animated film based on the song featured a submarine similar to the one in the level.
- The Fed-Ex box and Wilson are references to the 2000 film Castaway, starring Tom Hanks as a Fed-Ex employee who ends up stranded on a deserted island. He uses a volleyball that washes up on shore to create Wilson as a companion to keep himself (relatively) sane.