- This article is about the tower in Kingdom Rush: Vengeance. For the enemy in Kingdom Rush, see Shadow Archer.
|“||An arrow to your knee!||”|
The Shadow Archer is the basic Ranged Tower in Kingdom Rush: Vengeance. Introduced at the very start of the game, it shoots arrows that deal physical damage at a relatively fast rate, like basic archers in the previous games.
Rigorously trained to be the deadliest of marksmen, these archers will easily take care of enemies before they get noticed. Some say that they are able to hit their enemies blindfolded.
Shoots an arrow that marks a target, making it suffer extra damage from all sources for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)
The arrow itself doesn't deal any damage.
Blade of DemiseEdit
Stabs an enemy† in the back and kills it instantly.
†: Excludes War Wagon and bosses.
|1||300 (255)||40 seconds|
|2||100 (85)||30 seconds|
|3||100 (85)||24 seconds|
Summons a crow to attack nearby enemies. The crow locks on to an enemy, dealing physical damage.
- The Shadow Archers specialize in taking out the bigger and stronger enemies in the game which appear in later waves, making it usable throughout the entire game.
- This tower is best compared to the Bone Flingers and the Goblirangs, having a higher DPS and significantly longer range. Furthermore, the damage is enough to make low levels of armor have little reduction on the damage.
- Blade of Demise is likely the most important ability of the Shadow Archer - a reliable insta-kill with a decent cooldown. Using the tower at a choke point with a barracks allows Blade of Demise to be triggered more often.
- Alternatively, Shadow Mark allows the Archer to multiply damage against giant enemies, allowing other towers to also deal more damage against them, in an effect somewhat related to the Abrasive Heat of the Melting Furnace. The Melting Furnace could also buff this tower, allowing it to deal more damage.
- The only downfall to this tower is the Crow's Nest, which costs too much and deals too little damage to be viable. The player should avoid this upgrade at all costs, unless aiming for the "They're Coming" Achievement.
- GXR-1 TARGETING SYSTEM (2 souls): Improved with Goblin technology, Archery towers gain extra range. (5% additional range)
- GUILD OF MERCHANTS (2 souls): Costs of towers' special skills is now reduced. (15% cost reduction)
- MASTER ARCHITECTS (2 souls):All towers gain extra bonus damage. (10% additional basic attack damage)
- "My aim is flawless."
- "The night is dark."
- "Aim high, aim true."
- "An arrow to your knee!" (When built)
- "The arrow finds its mark." (Shadow Mark)
- "Never trust your shadow." (Blade of Demise)
- *Kaw!* (Crow's Nest)
- The Shadow Archer is based on the Shadow Archer enemy from the first Kingdom Rush.
- "The night is dark."
- A line said by the character Melisandre, in A Storm of Swords, the third novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. The full line is "The way the world is made. The truth is all around you, plain to behold. The night is dark and full of terrors, the day bright and beautiful and full of hope. One is black, the other white. There is ice and there is fire. Hate and love. Bitter and sweet. Male and female. Pain and pleasure. Winter and summer. Evil and good. Death and life. Everywhere, opposites. Everywhere, the war."
- "Aim high, aim true."
- a variation of lyrics from the song We All Die Trying to Get it Right by Vance Joy
- "An arrow to your knee!"
- Based on a line from the video game The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.". The phrase has been parodied many times and is more commonly seen in meme format.
- "The arrow finds its mark."
- A line spoken by the character Hanzo in the video game Overwatch. He normally says My arrow finds it mark.
|Towers • Kingdom Rush|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Rangers Hideout • Musketeer Garrison • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Holy Order • Barbarian Mead Hall • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Arcane Wizard • Sorcerer Mage • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • Big Bertha • Tesla x104|
|Special||Sylvan Elf Hall • Sasquatch • Sunray Tower|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Crossbow Fort • Tribal Axethrowers • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Assassin's Guild • Knights Templar • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Archmage Tower • Necromancer Tower • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • DWAARP • Battle-Mecha T200|
|Special||Legion Archer • Mercenary Camp • SCUMM Bar • Pirate Cap • Spear Maiden • Dwarven Bastion • Dwarf Hall • Pirate Watchtower • Shrine of Regnos • Dark Forge|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Standard||Hunter Arbor • Watcher Arbor • Sentinel Arbor • Arcane Archers • Golden Longbows • Defender Barracks • Warden Barracks • Ranger Barracks • Bladesinger Hall • Forest Keepers • Mystic Dais • Arcanist Dais • Eldritch Dais • Wild Magus • High Elven Mage • Stone Circle • Boulder Circle • Menhir Circle • Arch-Druid Henge • Weirdwood|
|Special||Awok Hut • Gryphon Rider • Faery Dragon Aerie • Gnome Garden • Dragon Nest • Young Beresad • Renegade Post • Bastion|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Vengeance|
|Standard||Shadow Archers • Orc Warriors Den • Infernal Mage • Rocket Riders • Dark Knights • Melting Furnace • Specters Mausoleum • Goblirangs • Bone Flingers • Elite Harassers • Orc Shaman • Grim Cemetery • Rotten Forest • Blazing Gem • Deep Devil's Reef • Wicked Sisters • Swamp Thing • Goblin War Zeppelin|
|Special||Troll Mercenaries • Spider Nest • Caravan|