|“||Ashes to ashes!||”|
The Sunray Tower is a special tower only available in Level 9, the Stormcloud Temple. It utilizes up to 4 Sunray Sorcerers to fire a single, concentrated solar beam at any one enemy, ground or air alike. The beam can be activated by selecting the tower or pressing 4 on your keyboard (Flash only), then select the appropriate unit.
The Sunray Tower is unavailable on the iOS versions. It has a similar function to the Shrine of Regnos introduced at a much later date in Kingdom Rush: Frontiers; however, the Sunray Tower deals single-target damage, while the Shrine of Regnos deals damage in an area.
Overview[edit | edit source]
It is a tower that charges the sun rays via Sunray Sorcerers, and then retains that energy until it is needed to fire.
When used, it will instantly fire at a single enemy, dealing magic damage (true damage on Steam). The damage depends on the number of Sunray Sorcerers present. Each sorcerer costs 100 Gold to recruit; and in addition to that, recruiting a Sorcerer will instantly recharge the tower. The tower cannot target empty spaces.
Stats[edit | edit source]
|1||75-125||19s (20s on Flash)|
|2||125-175||16s (17s on Flash)|
|3||175-225||13s (14s on Flash)|
|4||225-275||10s (11s on Flash)|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The player should use the Sunray Tower shots only on big and/or problematic foes like Dark Slayers, Yetis, Rocket Riders and J.T, to make matters easier.
- The upgrades should be used wisely. A skilled player can upgrade the Sunray Tower immediately after using it, which recharges it instantly.
- One should get the tower into play quickly - even if only a single sorcerer is purchased, that's some extra firepower that will certainly come in handy.
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The beam fired by the tower is identical to the Arcane Wizard's Death Ray, only yellow/orange rather than purple.
- The crystal on top of the tower is most likely the Solar Heat Quartz that was used long ago to stop The Winter Queen from taking over Linirea.
- This tower bears a slight resemblance to the Level 4 Blazing Gem, with a different color scheme and tower design.
- The tower's crystal also looks like an orange version of the Tear of Elynie; Vez'Nan and Lord Malagar's weapon of choice and the main focus of Kingdom Rush Origins.
Quote[edit | edit source]
- "Ashes to ashes!" (identical to the Sorcerer Mage)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Towers • Kingdom Rush|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Rangers Hideout • Musketeer Garrison • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Holy Order • Barbarian Mead Hall • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Arcane Wizard • Sorcerer Mage • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • Big Bertha • Tesla x104|
|Special||Sylvan Elf Hall • Sasquatch • Sunray Tower|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Crossbow Fort • Tribal Axethrowers • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Assassin's Guild • Knights Templar • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Archmage Tower • Necromancer Tower • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • DWAARP • Battle-Mecha T200|
|Special||Legion Archer • Mercenary Camp • SCUMM Bar • Pirate Cpt. • Spear Maiden • Dwarven Bastion • Dwarf Hall • Pirate Watchtower • Shrine of Regnos • Dark Forge|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Standard||Hunter Arbor • Watcher Arbor • Sentinel Arbor • Arcane Archers • Golden Longbows • Defender Barracks • Warden Barracks • Ranger Barracks • Bladesinger Hall • Forest Keepers • Mystic Dais • Arcanist Dais • Eldritch Dais • Wild Magus • High Elven Mage • Stone Circle • Boulder Circle • Menhir Circle • Arch-Druid Henge • Weirdwood|
|Special||Awok Hut • Gryphon Rider • Faery Dragon Aerie • Gnome Garden • Dragon Nest • Young Beresad • Renegade Post • Bastion|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Vengeance|
|Standard||Shadow Archers • Orc Warriors Den • Infernal Mage • Rocket Riders • Dark Knights • Melting Furnace • Specters Mausoleum • Goblirangs • Bone Flingers • Elite Harassers • Orc Shaman • Grim Cemetery • Rotten Forest • Blazing Gem • Deep Devil's Reef • Wicked Sisters • Swamp Thing • Goblin War Zeppelin|
|Special||Troll Mercenaries • Spider Nest • Caravan|