|“||Charged and ready.||”|
The Tesla x104 is a Level 4 Artillery Tower in the original Kingdom Rush, with decent range and high damage. Its abilities allow its bolt to chain between more enemies, and create a static field that damages all enemies in its range. It is the last advanced tower to be unlocked (only available from Level 10, The Wastes).
It has the highest physical damage per shot of any tower in the entire game but is limited to hitting 3 targets per shot, or 5 targets per shot with Supercharged Bolt fully upgraded. Compared to the 500mm Big Bertha, the Tesla is stronger against spread-out enemies and deals higher single-target DPS. It's also more reliable against flying enemies than the Dragonbreath Missile.
Description[edit | edit source]
"Dwarven engineering at its finest, harnessing the power of a thousand thunderstorms. Who should we aim it at?"
This tower testifies to the true ingenuity of the dwarven race: the technological advances used in the Tesla are quite 'shocking', to say the least. Channeling electricity through its large coil, it fires a lightning bolt that chains between multiple enemies, even flying ones.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Overcharge[edit | edit source]
"Ride the lightning!"
Whenever the Tesla x104 attacks, a static field is created around the tower, dealing damage to all nearby enemies. This damage is explosive, like the main attack, and therefore ignores half of the enemies' armor. This ability is effective for dealing with numerous, but relatively weak enemies, such as Wulves and Skeletons.
*Note: This is the actual damage.
Supercharged Bolt[edit | edit source]
"You've been Thunderstruck!"
Increases the maximum number of targets that the bolt arcs to. Base maximum amount that the Tesla can reach is 3 targets.
Range[edit | edit source]
- 3% wider than Dwarven Bombard and Dwarven Artillery
- 8% narrower than Dwarven Howitzer and 500mm Big Bertha
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- The main bolt can chain across a considerable distance, allowing the Tesla to effectively deal with spread-out enemies, a typical weakness of artillery towers. With Supercharged Bolt and the Smart Targeting Upgrade the Tesla can deal its full damage to several enemies that may be out of its normal range.
- Overcharge allows the Tesla to reliably damage all enemies in range. This efficiently kills off weaker enemies (Orcs, Bandits, Skeletons), no matter how numerous. Clearing out these weaker enemies allows its main attack, and the attacks and abilities of other towers, to focus on stronger enemies. One of the best spots for a Tesla to be built is in a curveline, where the enemies have to take a long route around the Tesla. That way Overcharge will be benefit as its finest.
- Unlike other artillery towers, the Tesla can hit flying targets with its normal attack.
- The Tesla is one of the strongest towers in the game, if not the strongest, with regard to its raw damage output.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other Artillery, the Tesla can hit only a limited number of enemies with its innate attack and must rely on Overcharge to deal any damage to more than 5 enemies at once. Consequently, too many durable enemies can overwhelm it.
- Tesla Towers deal physical damage. Armored enemies such as Dark Slayers, even though half their armor rating is ignored, resist it nevertheless.
- Tesla's special abilities offer no utility, only increasing damage output.
Additional Stats[edit | edit source]
- DPS: 27.27 to 50 (average 38.63)
- Total Cost: 1040 G (935 G with Field Logistic)
- Cost Efficiency: 26.92 gold per point of DPS (24.2 with Field Logistic)
- The Concentrated Fire upgrade increases the base DPS by 10%: 30 to 55 (average 42.5)
- Without Smart Targeting upgrade, the bolt deals 75% damage to the second target and only 50% damage to the third one and beyond.
- Overcharge Level 3 increases the DPS by 6.81 to 11.36 (average 9.09) | 13.64 to 18.18 on Flash (average 15.91)
- Total Cost with abilities fully upgraded: 2040 G (1682 G with Field Logistic and Industrialization)
- DPS with max abilities and upgrades (single target): 36.82 to 66.36 on Mobile (average 51.59)| 43.64 to 73.18 on Flash (average 58.41)
Related Upgrades[edit | edit source]
- Concentrated Fire (1 Star)
- Increases artillery attack damage (10% damage increase).
- Range Finder (1 Star)
- Increases artillery attack range (by 10%).
- Field Logistic (2 Stars)
- Artillery construction and upgrading costs are reduced by 10%.
- Industrialization (3 Stars)
- Artillery special abilities costs are reduced by 25%.
- Smart Targeting (3 Stars)
- Artillery suffers no reduction of splash and chain lightning damage.
- (Means the damage is not reduced by distance from the center of explosion or between targets of Tesla x104 electric bolt. This upgrade applies to Cluster Bomb also.)
- Artillery suffers no reduction of splash and chain lightning damage.
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
AC/DC Kill 300 enemies with electricity.
- "Charged and ready." (main)
- "Ride the lightning!" (Overcharge)
- "Toasty!" (Supercharged Bolt)
- Nikola Tesla was a very famous inventor who invented alternative current, which is used as the main source of electricity nowaday. The tower name is a reference to the ability to create strong lightning ray.
- "Ride the lightning"
- The name of the second album by heavy metal band Metallica. It is also the name of the second track on the album.
- A line spoken in 1993 game Mortal Kombat II. It started as an easter egg, where an image of one of the game designers would appear on the screen and speak the line if a particular move was performed. Secret characters could be encountered if certain buttons were pressed whilst the image was on screen.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Towers • Kingdom Rush|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Rangers Hideout • Musketeer Garrison • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Holy Order • Barbarian Mead Hall • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Arcane Wizard • Sorcerer Mage • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • Big Bertha • Tesla x104|
|Special||Sylvan Elf Hall • Sasquatch • Sunray Tower|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Standard||Archer Tower • Marksmen Tower • Sharpshooter Tower • Crossbow Fort • Tribal Axethrowers • Militia Barracks • Footmen Barracks • Knights Barracks • Assassin's Guild • Knights Templar • Mage Tower • Adept Tower • Wizard Tower • Archmage Tower • Necromancer Tower • Dwarven Bombard • Dwarven Artillery • Dwarven Howitzer • DWAARP • Battle-Mecha T200|
|Special||Legion Archer • Mercenary Camp • SCUMM Bar • Pirate Cpt. • Spear Maiden • Dwarven Bastion • Dwarf Hall • Pirate Watchtower • Shrine of Regnos • Dark Forge|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Standard||Hunter Arbor • Watcher Arbor • Sentinel Arbor • Arcane Archers • Golden Longbows • Defender Barracks • Warden Barracks • Ranger Barracks • Bladesinger Hall • Forest Keepers • Mystic Dais • Arcanist Dais • Eldritch Dais • Wild Magus • High Elven Mage • Stone Circle • Boulder Circle • Menhir Circle • Arch-Druid Henge • Weirdwood|
|Special||Awok Hut • Gryphon Rider • Faery Dragon Aerie • Gnome Garden • Dragon Nest • Young Beresad • Renegade Post • Bastion|
|Towers • Kingdom Rush: Vengeance|
|Standard||Shadow Archers • Orc Warriors Den • Infernal Mage • Rocket Riders • Dark Knights • Melting Furnace • Specters Mausoleum • Goblirangs • Bone Flingers • Elite Harassers • Orc Shaman • Grim Cemetery • Rotten Forest • Blazing Gem • Deep Devil's Reef • Wicked Sisters • Swamp Thing • Goblin War Zeppelin|
|Special||Troll Mercenaries • Spider Nest • Caravan|