Twilight Heretics (Heretics on mobile version) are Twilight Elf Warlocks that fight with mysterious magic capable of dispatching soldiers quickly.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Warlocks corrupted by evil, they command forces beyond comprehension.
With their unearthly power, Twilight Heretics are very powerful enemies capable of dishing out heavy damage, as well as soaking up quite a lot of hits, thanks to their high HP and magic resistance.
Twilight Heretics, in addition to having a ranged attack, also possess two special spells: Grip of Darkness and Soul Consumption. The first one renders up to two barracks units and reinforcements immobile while dealing 135 physical damage with the shadowy grip. The men become target practice for enemies capable of dealing damage from afar, while those without a ranged attack will simply ignore them; however, these soldiers are not considered dead yet and thus will not respawn, essentially removing the men from play for a little while and allowing most enemies to walk past soldiers. The second ability instantly kills up to three units by draining their soul, temporarily boosting their speed massively. Both of their abilities can target units from afar, and usually activate faster than most soldiers can react, much reducing the effectiveness of [[::Category:Melee Towers|Barracks]] against them.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Due to their high magic resistance, mages won't make anything more than a scratch to this enemy. However, their resistance can be reduced by Arcane Archers, and the decent physical damage output of this tower also allow it to harm Heretics fairly well.
- Golden Longbows can kill them efficiently with some luck with their Crimson Sentence ability upgraded. Make sure the Heretic is not shielded by other enemies.
- Using any of the following methods on Twilight Heretic will greatly expose them to damage from other towers:
- Soldiers shouldn't be sent against them unless it is an emergency. Heretics will either immobilize them, or move dangerously fast after draining their soldier's souls. Instead, a powerful melee Hero can be sent in to block them, as they are immune to both of the Heretics' spells.
- Heretics use Grip of Darkness first, Soul Consumption next. The former deals damage over 10 seconds, and the latter has a short cooldown of just 7 seconds. Soul Consumption can be used to the player's advantage, as the speed boost will very likely separate the heretic from a group of enemies.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- On Steam, Heretics can use Soul Consumption on soldiers already affected by Grip of Darkness. This does not kill them, but still provides a speed boost for the Heretic.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Arcane Quarters
- Mactans' Retreat
- Shrine of Elynie
- Duskwood Outpost
- Duredhel Outskirts
- Twilight Invasion
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush|
|Enemies||Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief • Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager • Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker • Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom • Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep • Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|Bosses||The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Enemies||Desert Thug • Dune Raider • Desert Archer • Sand Hound • War Hound • Immortal • Fallen • Executioner • Giant Scorpion • Giant Wasp • Giant Wasp Queen • Dune Terror • Sand Wraith • Lesser Efreeti • Anoobis • Jungle Spider • Jungle Matriarch • Spiderling • Savage Warrior • Savage Hunter • Witch Doctor • Earth Shaman • Spirit Shaman • Blood Trickster • Savage Zombie • Savage Brute • Gorillon • Poukai Rider • Poukai • Parasyte • Reaper • Mandrilos • Reaper Lord • Saurian Razorwing • Saurian Quetzal • Saurian Broodguard • Saurian Myrmidon • Saurian Blazefang • Saurian Nightscale • Saurian Darter • Saurian Brute • Saurian Savant • Shade Elemental • Shred of Darkness • Saurian Deathcoil • Gunboat • Greenfin • Redspine • Blacksurge • Deviltide • Bluegale • Bloodshell • Zombie • Ghoul • Bat • Werewolf • Abomination • Lycan • Ghost • Phantom Warrior • Jack'O Lantern • Vampiresa|
|Bosses||Nazeru • Quincon • Umbra • Leviathan • Vasile • Xyzzy|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Enemies||Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi • Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger • Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider • Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Bosses||Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|