"Might and Magic!"The Wizard Tower is the Level 3 form of the basic Mage tower. Having surpassed most of their fellow mages, wizards are capable of ripping apart the very essence of enemy troops. Obviously, armor won't stand a chance against such magic. The tower is the same in both Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush: Frontiers, with only a change in appearance.
"Wizards cast high-energy bolts, which rip apart the very essence of enemy troops."
High energy bolts enable the wizards to obliterate all, but the toughest enemies conjured by the forces of evil. Even flying enemies aren't safe. The wizards are the final stage of the unspecialized towers, only one step away from becoming a powerful Arcane Wizard (enabled at Stage 6) or a sly Sorcerer Mage (enabled at Stage 9).
Be wary that although the damage of Wizards is the highest of all level 3 towers, magic resistant spawn will not be hurt much by magical attacks and require a different approach by arrow or explosive.
- Units with low health which come en masse should not be dealt with by Mage Towers. Use artillery!
- The mage tower can be upgraded into the tower with the most single-hit damage; the Arcane Wizard tower. Therefore, upgrading Mage Towers early will allow a player to deal with those tough monsters later on.
- Take note that Mage Towers are the 2nd most expensive to upgrade.
- Use these as anti-air - they can take out a Gargoyle in two shots.
- If Arcane Wizards or Sorcerers cannot be afforded, this tower is the next best thing.
- Spell Reach (1 Star): Increases wizard's attack range (by 10%).
- Arcane Shatter (1 Star): Magic attacks destroy a potion of enemy physical armor on every hit. (-3 armor level)
- Hermetic Study (2 Stars): Mage Towers construction and upgrading costs are reduced by 10%.
- Empowered Magic (2 Stars): Increases wizard's attack damage. (by 15%) (46-86 damage)
- Slow Curse (3 Stars): Magic attacks slow enemies by half their speed for a moment (half a second, Arcane Wizard the whole one-second beam duration. Also disables Rocket Rider Turbo boost).
- Rune of Power (1 Star): Increases mages' attack range (by 10%).
- Spell Penetration (1 Star): Mages' bolts have a chance to ignore magic resistance.
- Eldritch Power (2 Stars): Increases mages' attack damage (by 10%). (44-82 damage)
- Wizard Academy (2 Stars): Reduces mages' special abilities costs by 10%.
- Brilliance (3 Stars): For every other mage tower built, each mage tower gets a bonus to damage (+4% per tower beyond the first, to a maximum of +30%).
- Might and Magic!
- Like a charm!
- I put a spell on you!