The Saurian King is a colossal lizard that hammers fear home on his enemies.
Xyzzy is a giant Saurian Myrmidon, with fast speed and medium armor. He is the fastest boss in the series, as well as being tied second most armored, being beaten only by Lord Blackburn and rivaled by Hi-Hi Enha.
Xyzzy also possesses a special area attack where he smashes the ground 8 times with his cybernetic hammers. The attack has a cool-down of 10 seconds, and the damage increases with each hit—the first hit deals only 5-10 damage but the seventh and eighth hits can deal over 100. Its AoE reaches over a third of the map and the closer to him, the more damage soldiers receive. This attack is able to harm Ashbite and Bonehart, even though both of them are flying, possibly due to the energy packs inside his hammers. When forced into melee, Xyzzy can catch soldiers with his tongue, swallowing them whole, effectively instantly killing them. Heroes are immune to this, although they are unlikely to survive Xyzzy's special area attack.
- Archmage Towers shine against Xyzzy, as he has both armor and high health. Since Xyzzy attacks from the northwest, it is useful to place Archmage Towers on Strategic Points which aren't needed for other towers on that path.
- With just four of them, three of which should be on the three points above the path, a reasonable number of critical mass upgrades, and on top of any other towers used throughout the other waves, Xyzzy shouldn't even make it past the point where the two entry paths converge.
- The Battle-Mecha T200's Waste Disposal can slow him down tremendously, and the Wasp Missiles will follow him even as he dashes out of range.
- Heroes and soldiers are doomed against him, they are best used to delay his minions or to stall him as a last resort.
- Xyzzy is also the fastest boss in any Kingdom Rush game.
- If on a device that supports screen shake, his area attack shakes the screen.
- His name is possibly inspired by the "magic word" of a video game cheat code of the same name. In addition, Xyzzy is the mnemonic used when calculating the cross product.
- Xyzzy is the only boss to appear in the final wave of a stage in Kingdom Rush Frontiers. All the other bosses appear after the final wave.
- If killed fast enough, presumably before any other enemy starts spawning in his boss wave, Xyzzy's army of Saurians will not die alongside him and must be fought normally to end the level. The music accompanying Xyzzy's boss fight will also abruptly end after his death, leaving the rest of the battle in total silence.
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush|
|Enemies||Goblin • Orc • Shaman • Ogre • Gargoyle • Shadow Archer • Dark Knight • Wulf • Worg • Golem Head • Goblin Zapper • Orc Champion • Worg Rider • Forest Troll • Hobgoblin Chief • Bandit • Brigand • Marauder • Giant Spider • Spider Matriarch • Spider Hatchling • Raider • Pillager • Troll • Troll Champion • Troll Chieftain • Yeti • Rocket Rider • Dark Slayer • Son of Sarelgaz • Troll Pathfinder • Troll Breaker • Demon Spawn • Demon Lord • Demon Hound • Demon Imp • Skeleton • Skeleton Knight • Necromancer • Magma Elemental • Husk • Noxious Creeper • Mutated Hatchling • Tainted Treant • Swamp Thing • Rotshroom • Zombie • Giant Rat • Wererat • Fallen Knight • Spectral Knight • Abomination • Werewolf • Lycan • Black Hag • Sheep • Demon Legion • Flareon • Gulaemon • Cerberus|
|Bosses||The Juggernaut • J.T. • Vez'nan • Sarelgaz • Gul'Thak • Greenmuck • The Kingpin • Ulguk-Hai • Moloch • Myconid • Lord Blackburn|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Frontiers|
|Enemies||Desert Thug • Dune Raider • Desert Archer • Sand Hound • War Hound • Immortal • Fallen • Executioner • Giant Scorpion • Giant Wasp • Giant Wasp Queen • Dune Terror • Sand Wraith • Lesser Efreeti • Anoobis • Jungle Spider • Jungle Matriarch • Spiderling • Savage Warrior • Savage Hunter • Witch Doctor • Earth Shaman • Spirit Shaman • Blood Trickster • Savage Zombie • Savage Brute • Gorillon • Poukai Rider • Poukai • Parasyte • Reaper • Mandrilos • Reaper Lord • Saurian Razorwing • Saurian Quetzal • Saurian Broodguard • Saurian Myrmidon • Saurian Blazefang • Saurian Nightscale • Saurian Darter • Saurian Brute • Saurian Savant • Shade Elemental • Shred of Darkness • Saurian Deathcoil • Gunboat • Greenfin • Redspine • Blacksurge • Deviltide • Bluegale • Bloodshell • Zombie • Ghoul • Bat • Werewolf • Abomination • Lycan • Ghost • Phantom Warrior • Jack'O Lantern • Vampiresa|
|Bosses||Nazeru • Quincon • Umbra • Leviathan • Vasile • Xyzzy|
|Enemies • Kingdom Rush: Origins|
|Enemies||Gnoll Reaver • Gnoll Burner • Gnoll Gnawer • Hyena • Perython • Gnoll Blighter • Ettin • Twilight Harasser • Gnoll Catapult • Gnoll Warleader • Twilight Brute • Blood Gnoll • Blood Ogre • Ogre Magi • Sword Spider • Satyr Cutthroat • Satyr Hoplite • Webspitter Spider • Gloomy • Twilight Scourger • Scourger Banshee • Bandersnatch • Redcap • Twilight Avenger • Boomshroom • Munchshroom • Fungus Breeder • Zealot • Bunny • Blood Servant • Screecher Bat • Mounted Avenger • Razorboar • Twilight Evoker • Twilight Golem • Cloud Stalker • Spiderbrood • Twilight Heretic • Son of Mactans • Arachnomancer • Drider • Shadowspawn • Devourer • Dark Spitter • Shadow Champion|
|Bosses||Hi-Hi Enha • Malicia • Spider Goddess • Bram the Beheader • Baj'Nimen the Hateful • Godieth|